We have all been there when we have an emergency leak that requires immediate attention but you can’t get hold of anyone to come out and fix it; this is why having a roll of Bond It Rescue Tape in the house or in your tool box is a huge benefit; Rescue Tape is one of those products that, once you use it, you wonder how you got by without it.
Not only is this self-fusing silicone repair tape an incredible solution to stopping leaks but it also has infinite uses in and outside the home that you may never have thought about. Silicone Rescue Tape can be used for 1,000’s of applications. From emergency repairs to electrical wiring to waterproofing and even medical situations, it is truly an amazing product with a variety of uses.
A quick description: Rescue Tape is silicone and sticks to itself — well, actually, it fuses to itself — when wrapped around an object. The tighter you pull it, the better the seal. It’s great on hoses and plumbing and unlike electrical tape, it won’t get gummy, and it won’t dry out like duct tape can — even in the sun.
Rescue Tape is a waterproof repair tape which seals live leaks on pipes made from copper, PVC plastic, steel, malleable iron, and many other materials. Ideal for fixing leaks in applications ranging from small domestic plumbing problems through to large scale industrial pipe repairs, it avoids costly and disruptive shutdowns of systems. The versatility of the product makes it suitable for wrapping car exhausts, hoses and other types of pipes, and can also be used as an electrical tape with insulation protection up to 8000 volts.
It is easy to use and depending on the size and pressure of the pipe, repairs can be carried out in under 15 minutes. The tape stretches by three times its length and once applied, it fuses to form a solid rubber band which exerts maximum pressure over the hole or crack in the pipe. Using multiple tapes creates a repair which is pressure resistant up to 8 bar and is temperature resistant up to 260°C. You wrap it around an item, and overlap it by 50%, pulling tight — stretching it to at least double the length — and going 3 to 5 inches on both sides of the leak (not necessary for things like rigging, chain marking, line whipping and so on where there’s no leak). That means for a 1″ split in a hose, the total repair is going to be 7 to 11 inches long! The tighter it’s wrapped, the faster and stronger it will fuse. For high pressure leaks, you may need to put a second layer on. But the result will be water-, fuel- and air-tight. Consider it permanent, too — if you need to remove it, you’ll have to cut it off.
What can Rescue Tape be used for?
The tape has no adhesive so there is no sticky residue like regular electrical insulation tape, so you can’t accidentally stick it to things you don’t want it to stick to which also means items can be repositioned easily to get the perfect bond. The uses are only limited by your imagination but here are some great ideas where you can use it:
- Fix a leak on a garden hose, a radiator hose or a vacuum hose.
- Wrap on camera grips and tripods, tools, bike handle bars to make a protective non-slip grip that leaves no residue on expensive equipment. Or apply to golf clubs, rackets and bats for better sports grip and less vibration.
- Use on sailboats as rigging tape for turnbuckles and spreader boot covers or repair bilge, sanitation or fridge hoses.
- Tidy up wiring bundles by using silicone tape instead of electrical tape.
- Fix leaky PVC or copper pipes on household plumbing or sprinkler systems.
- Cover foam pipe insulation with silicone tape to make an air tight waterproof protective layer.
- Make an emergency silicone gasket or an emergency o-ring or make a temporary repair on a truck air hose.
- For emergency first aid – wrap silicone tape around a bleeding injury on fingers, arms or legs.
- Wrap silicone tape around electrical connections, wires (especially connections near pools and hot tubs) to seal out moisture.
- Wrap silicone tape around cups and glassware to help disabled people grip their drink.
- Cover your luggage handle with bright coloured silicone tape for an easy-to-spot and comfortable grip.
- Wrap tape on wire or wooden hangers to prevent clothes from slipping off onto the floor.
- Cover iron cookware handles for a non-slip grip that prevents you from burning your hands. And many, many more uses!
Its not just a plumbers tape, Rescue Tape can be utilised in the automotive, marine, agricultural, landscaping, engineering, electrical and even military sectors. It’s easy to see why Rescue Tape is the World’s most recognized and best-selling brand of self-fusing silicone tape.
Plus if you send in pictures of your Rescue Tape applications you have a chance of winning £500 – see our competition details on the website for more information.
Tel: 01422 315300 or visit www.bonditgroup.com